HR Due Diligence Services
HR factors alone will likely not keep a harmonized business from achieving short-term goals. When considered comprehensively and with both foresight and purpose, HR factors can and will influence long-term performance, cultural assimilation and the overall realization of strategic integration objectives.
What is HR Due Diligence? It’s objective HR know-how that can be leveraged to support serious organizational change: merger and acquisition, expansion, divestiture, or to support an organic growth strategy.
Baker Tilly Vantagen experts are capable of seeing the total HR picture and positioning management with the information it needs to make calculated decisions that foster effective change and control risk. The stakes here are often very high, which makes getting HR right well worth the investment.
- A functional review of all Human Resources operations including structural alignments and interviews with both departmental and non-HR stakeholders.
- A comprehensive assessment of compliance, resources and technologies. Included here are critical examinations of how company policies and federal, state and local regulation influence the tactical health and readiness of HR operations:
- Health and Welfare Plans: ERISA, COBRA, ACA
- Qualified Retirement Plans: DB/DC, PBGC Filings, ERISA, previously terminated plans
- General Compliance: OSHA, AAP, EEO1, FLSA, I9, Workers Compensation
- Employee Relations: Employment Agreement, Employee Manual, Key Employee Listing
- Compensation: Wage/Hour, Paid Time Off, Overtime, Bonus, Incentive Policy and Process, Total Rewards, Miscellaneous Recognition Programs
- Litigation: Wrongful Discharge, Harassment, Title VII, Unemployment, Workers Compensation, Progressive Discipline (process and pending)
- HR Technology: HRIS, Coordination with Payroll, Employee Benefits and other reporting functions
- Training and Communication: strengths and weaknesses
- The development and publication of a clear, manageable harmonization roadmap.
Learn More: Download An InfoSheet.